We also couldn’t figure out logistically how to do it ourselves… They primed and sealed the brick first with a product called Loxon by Sherwin Williams.we’re finally getting to the point in our lives where we realize the benefit of paying someone to help you… We used all Sherwin Williams paint in Benjamin Moore colors.However, our house sits back from the road a good bit and you really can’t see in unless you are parked out front and really look hard and if you do that I might call the police.
The doors pictured above are our front doors, the door pictured below is our side door.
We initially replaced the light fixtures and then waited to paint.
We also changed out the doors, door hardware, and lights .
The doors are by Barnett Millworks in their Mobile Bay Series, they come in either Mahogany or Fir , we obviously went for the paint grade. The lights are really substantial and the price was really good!!
Out front, as I mentioned before, we removed the horizontal handrailing and used my sister-in-law’s spare bricks to create a step. Well eventually a brick mason stopped by to see if he could replace it or repair it.